Without adequate investment in proper tools, processes, training, and backing by a strong IT governance structure, the enterprise service desk can become a bottleneck to realizing the full productivity potential of the organization and its user community. Many of today's enterprise service desks are plagued by high turnover, a lack of broad training, poor process and tracking procedures, and insufficient tools.
If the Service Desk is perceived by users as ineffective or unresponsive, no one wins:
- The user loses productivity by placing repeated calls to the Service Desk or other technical support groups, waiting for help, or worse, bringing in other users to help resolve the problem.
- The Service Desk loses time on repetitive and routine requests by deflecting status requests, or trying to debug applications in which they are not well trained, and can earn a reputation as an inefficient organization.
- Senior management, including the CIO, is inundated with complaints.
- The enterprise experiences productivity declines, loss of revenue, and poor customer satisfaction.
Business SolutionBRG's Service Desk offering redefines traditional help desks to minimize support costs, ensure high levels of user satisfaction, and enhance organizational productivity.
Our Service Desk offering provides customers with:
- Single Point of Accountability (SPOA) designed to eliminate multiple calls to the Service Desk. The Service Desk agent takes ownership for ensuring resolution of the reported service request or incident. If the agent can't answer the question or provide the solution immediately, the request or problem is escalated to the appropriate support team, while the receiving agent coordinates efforts until the ticket is closed - all the while keeping the user informed of the progress.
- Self-help tools designed to enhance and expedite service delivery via multiple channels of support
- Higher than industry average First Contact Resolution rates realized by utilizing best practice processes and tools.
- Robust tracking, reporting, and trend analysis data to give senior management the insight needed to initiate proactive measures to re-capture organizational efficiency.